Crepes make the perfect snack anytime of the day. Make them in the morning to have with your breakfast or keep them stored in the refrigerator for a quick and portable snack option.
Have you ever tried making crepes yourself? I’ll admit for a long time I was hesitant to try them. Thinking they required too much time and effort to make. I’ve since reconsidered, as these are quite simple to pull together. The process is very similar to making pancakes, except they are cooked individually in a frying pan. These Vanilla Almond Crêpes are inspired by Real California Milk, the sponsor for this months The Recipe Redux contest.
California is the country’s leading producer of milk, ice cream, butter, nonfat dry milk and whey protein concentrate? It is also the second largest producer of cheese and yogurt. Real California Milk represents simple and real dairy foods made with milk from more than 1,400 California dairy families (99% of which are family-owned).
When purchasing dairy products, look for foods made with 100% Real California milk from Real California Dairy families. They’ll feature the Real California Milk or Cheese seal.
Vanilla Almond Crepes
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup Real California vanilla yogurt
- 1 tablespoon oil
- ¼ pound almonds or 1 cup almond meal
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- cooking spray
- your choice of filling ingredients, optional
- Place the almonds, if using, in a small food processor. Grind them to a coarse meal consistency.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, yogurt and oil until smooth. Gradually add in the almond meal followed by the remaining ingredients. Continue to whisk until everything is well combined.
- Coat the bottom of a non-stick frying pan with a thin layer of cooking spray. Heat over medium high heat. Pour ¼ cup of the batter into the center of the pan. Lift the pan off burner and tilt in a circular motion to distribute the batter evenly. Cook the crêpes for 2-3 minutes until set and the bottom has lightly browned. Flip and cook an additional 1-2 minutes. Transfer the cooked Crêpes to a plate. Repeat the process with the remaining batter. Makes: 8 crêpes
- These Vanilla Almond Crepes can be enjoyed by themselves or topped with additional ingredients. If using, place your choice of filling ingredients on half of the crepe. Roll or fold in quarters to close and secure the filling inside.
Want some more Real California Milk recipes? Here are some more great ideas.
This post includes Amazon Affiliate links, which means that if you purchase a product by clicking on the link, I get a small portion of the proceeds. Your price does not change. Thank you for supporting products that help support Perspective Portions.