This pita pizza recipe is a no knead pie you need to try.
I received free samples of Toufayan Pita mentioned in this post. By posting this Pita Pizza recipe I am entering a recipe contest sponsored by Toufayan Bakeries and am eligible to win prizes associated with the contest. I was not compensated for my time.
Pizza night just got a whole lot easier. Not that it really needed a makeover but how can you say no to a little update, right. Satisfy a last minute pizza craving or quickly pull together a meal with this no knead homemade pizza recipe, made in a pita. That’s right. Make a personalized thin crust pizza pie using pita bread—just like you would a pizza bagel.
Watch the Video
For over 90 years Toufayan Bakeries has been making bread products—including bagels, wraps, pitas, bread sticks and chips. Their products use top quality, wholesome ingredients that are naturally cholesterol and trans fat free. Available in 8 different varieties—classic white, whole wheat, sprouted whole wheat, low carb, multi grain, oat bran, savory garlic and sweet onion— you’re sure to find a pita to meet your needs. Depending on the flavor, one loaf of pita contains 100-155 calories, 16-31 grams of carbohydrates, 6-8 grams of protein, and up to 7 grams of fiber. Want to compare labels before you go food shopping? See the full list of products and nutritional information.
Hello, Pita Pizza Party.
Remember when I shared this Sweet Potato Pizza Dough and the 7 Tips to Making a Healthier Pie. Today’s recipe featuring Toufayan Bakeries pita bread highlights many of those strategies. Combine the different pita flavors with your favorite topping to create your own personalized pie. Entertaining? Opt for a semi-homemade pizza party by skipping the dough and making this thin crust pita pizza. Pita bread stores well in both the refrigerator and freezer. So you can easily keep these ingredients on hand or prepare pizza pita in advance and keep them in the freezer. And in case you don’t have access to an oven, this recipe can easily be made in a toaster oven too.
- 1 Toufayan Bakeries pita bread (flavor of choice)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- ¼ cup shredded carrots
- ¼ cup riced broccoli
- 2 thin slices Havarti cheese (1.5 ounces)
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a sheet pan with aluminum foil.
- Cut pita in half by slicing around the edges. Open the pocket. Place the two large circles onto the sheet pan.
- Spread one tablespoon of tomato paste onto each pita half. Add carrots and broccoli. Top with cheese and red pepper flakes, if using.
- Bake 12-15 minutes until the cheese melts and reaches desired crispiness.