Let’s get this year off to a healthy start with these cranberry muffins.
Perfect for an on-the-go meal or snack.
Happy New Year. One of my favorite things about starting a new year is all of the compilations from food bloggers. Favorite recipes and beautiful food photography are highlighted from the past year. It can be hard not to want to make everything seen on these lists. Luckily, due to the websites I follow, the highlighted recipes I’ve come across include healthy and nutritious foods. This was no exception when one of my favorite bloggers, Running with Spoons posted her top recipes from the past year. I had to try her Banana Oat Greek Yogurt Muffins, it was listed as #1 after all.
At first I though I had the perfect solution to avoid overeating the finished product…only make half. Ha, this works until you decide you want to change things up and give other flavors a try, like these cranberry muffins. Then you realize you’ve made half the recipe. More than once. In the past 24 hours. Let’s just say I was setting the pace. Luckily these are full of nutrient dense ingredients. Therefore, less guilt and more muffins. Indeed, a Happy New Year.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Prepare a muffin pan (I used the disposable kind) by lining it with cupcake liners (optional) and spraying with a cooking spray (not optional).
- Place the first nine ingredients plus ½ cup of the cranberries into a blender. Blend to a smoothie like consistency, scraping the sides down as needed.
- Remove the blade of the blender. Mix in the remaining ¼ cup of cranberries and the chocolate chips.
- Pour into the prepared muffin pan, filling each muffin section with ¼ cup of the batter.
- Bake at 400°F for 20-25 minutes. If baked in a cupcake liner, remove from pan to cool. Otherwise let the muffins cool completely before attempting to remove them from the pan. Makes 8 muffins
To Make Mini Muffins
Prepare a mini muffin tin as described above. Fill with approximately 1½ tablespoons of the batter. Bake at 400°F for 16-20 minutes. Makes about 15 mini muffins.
This post includes Amazon Affiliate links, which means that if you purchase a product by clicking on the link, I get a small portion of the proceeds. Your price does not change. Thank you for supporting products that help support Perspective Portions.