You’ll love snacking on vegetables with this quick and easy recipe for riced broccoli cheddar bites.
Kuhn Rikon products mentioned in this post were complimentary and sent to me for review. All opinions are my own and I was not compensated for my time.
Apparently January 20 means two important things in the U.S. It’s inauguration day, when Donald Trump becomes the 45th President. Let’s skip the political discussion here and move on to the fact that it’s also national cheese lover’s day. That means it’s time to make America “grate” again with two delicious and cheesy recipes — bite sized broccoli and cheddar balls & a muffin tin broccoli cheddar biscuit with a hidden egg inside.
Already a cheese lover? Balance it out with these Riced Broccoli Cheddar Bites with just a few simple ingredients. Here I added store bought riced broccoli and rolled oats to the mix. What makes these even better, they cook quickly in the toaster oven using Kuhn Rikon’s Silicone Toaster Oven Baking Sheet. The nonstick surface eliminates the need to add extra oil or use aluminum foil to prevent sticking. Plus the tiny holes in the silicon help air circulate around the food, helping it crisp and cook faster. Which is also perfect for thin crust, crispy pizza—my favorite. It fits toaster ovens with a 12″ x 12″ interior and has flexible handles. If you’re living in a college dorm or don’t want to turn on the oven, this item is for you.
A Few Things to Remember When Making Broccoli Cheddar Bites
• It is normal for the baking sheet to change shape when heated. I was slightly concerned at first, not realizing this was normal for the material it’s made of. Once it cooled it returned back to its original shape.
• Despite this being dishwasher safe, I chose to hand wash. Some residue did remain and required a second wash. May be related to the recipe having oil from the cheese get in between the holes. The dark color of the baking sheet can easily mask a missed spot. Not a huge deal, just something to pay attention to when cleaning.
- ½ cup grated sharp cheddar cheese (1½ oz.)
- 1 cup riced broccoli
- 2½ tablespoons sliced scallions or leeks
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- ⅓ cup rolled oats
- 1 egg
- In a large bowl, mix together all the ingredients.
- Remove a tablespoon of the mixture, press in between the palms of your hands to form into a ball. Repeat with the remaining mixture.
- Place the broccoli bites onto the silicone toaster oven sheet. Bake in a toaster oven set to convection at 350° for 15-20 minutes until golden brown. Serve warm.
This post includes Amazon Affiliate links, which means that if you purchase a product by clicking on the link, I get a small portion of the proceeds. Your price does not change. Thank you for supporting products that help support Perspective Portions.